BROOD is pleased to receive your application to adopt a basset hound. In the next 24-48 hours you should receive an email titled “Welcome to BROOD” from the BROOD Director of Adoptions. If you do not receive this email, please check your spam folder. This email contains important information about our application approval process. Please read it in its entirety and reply to the BROOD Director of Adoptions if you have any questions.
If you are not contacted within a week, please email us at BROOD Adoption Team .
Final approval of your application requires:
- Screening of your application, which may include follow up questions from the adoptions team;
- Completion of a house visit by a BROOD volunteer;
- Lease agreement or letter from landlord authorizing you to own a dog if you rent;
- Positive reference from your vet (if applicable) which indicates that pets are up to date on healthcare;
- Receipt of the $10 non-refundable application fee
To make it as easy as possible, we offer three options for your payment: Check, Credit Card and PayPal.
Pay by Check
If you wish to pay your application fee by check, make it out to “BROOD” for $10 and send it to:Basset Rescue Of Old Dominion
3445 Seminole Trail, Box 248
Charlottesville, VA 22911
Tel: 866-710-9476 (toll free)
Pay by Credit Card
We now offer the opportunity to donate directly with your credit card — Visa, MasterCard and Discover — without going through PayPal. Using this interface saves on the fees that BROOD incurs for credit card payments.
Pay using PayPal
Alternatively, you may pay by PayPal. To do this, click the PayPal Payment button below and follow the directions. If you do not currently have a PayPal account, you will be asked to set one up.
No adoption fees will be refunded after seven calendar days.
If you have any questions or want to know the status of your application, please email us at BROOD Adoption Team .